1. Curiosity : A leader has to show Curiosity. He has to listen to people outside of the "Yes sir" crowd in his inner circle. The inability to listen is a form of arrogance. It means either you think you know it or just you don't care.
2. Creative : A leader has to be Creative, go out of the way and be willing to do something new and different. Leadership is also called all about managing change. Things change and you get creative.
You adjust and adapt.
3. Communicate : Leader has to communicate in a way, facing a reality and telling the truth.
4. Character : The leader has be to a person of character, that means knowing the difference between right and wrong and having powers to do right things.
5. Courage : Talk or walk or behave in a very confident and arrogant or self important way is not courage. Courage is to sit down calmly at negotiation table and discuss. Put your view and prove it right scientifically / by data / by knowledge / by skills.
6. Conviction : To be a leader one should have Conviction. A fire in your thought. A power of thought to really have some thing done or achieve.
7. Charisma : It is also called attractiveness. People follow leader on his steps, works and set an example because people trust leaders. This was the meaning of Charisma taken.
8. Competent : Leader has to be competent. You have go to know what you are doing and which is right or wrong. Other than this you have to surround your self with people who know what they are doing.
9. Crisis : Leaders are made, not born. Leadership get tested and passed in the time of crisis.
Also Read : Communication Skills
Also Read : 80/20 Rule of communication